The Laramie County Community College sports medicine team is a group of medical providers assembled to assist in the care, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of athletic injuries. This team consists of certified athletic trainers, family practice physicians, orthopedic surgeons, dentists and optometrists as well as referral physicians of different specialties. The athletic training staff operates in conjunction with these providers and routinely collaborates with them to make all decisions regarding athletic injuries and participation.
- ImPACT Concussion Management System
- CSMI Sports Ware Injury Tracking Software
- Cheyenne Regional Medical Center, Wyoming Orthopedics and Sports Medicine
- Access to multiple urgent care/walk in clinics
- Optometrist Group
- Multiple orthopedic surgeons
- Other medical specialties as needed
Role of the Certified Athletic Trainer
Athletic trainers have been part of the American Medical Association's Health Professions Career and Education Directory for more than a decade. Additionally, the American Academy of Family Physicians, American Academy of Pediatrics and American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine – among others – are all strong clinical and academic supporters of athletic trainers.
Megan Shifflett, Athletic Trainer
Physical Education, Room 118